Elsevier Mathematics is proud to announce starting in 2019, a prize for the best student paper, which will be awarded at the Canadian Discrete and Algorithmic Mathematics meeting. It comprises of a cash prize of US$3000 plus US$500 voucher to spend on Elsevier books. The decision on the winner(s) is made by a prize committee who may decide not to award the prize, or to split the award between two papers.
To be eligible for the prize, the papers must
- be suitable for publication in Discrete Mathematics;
- be written by students only (at most three);
- contain only material not submitted to any other journal or conference unless it is an extended abstract with the same title;
- be submitted to Discrete Mathematics website with Elsevier – CanaDAM prize section at the latest by 15 January of the year of the conference;
- be submitted to CanaDAM conference by 15 January of the year of the conference in the submission section dedicated to the prize.